Nov 29, 2007

The time has come...







... (again and) today ! At least for some of the details of my departure.


I hate goodbyes, I have this strange and uncomfortable feeling, having to say goodbye and spending a day or two seeing people, do this, do that... If only it would all go so fast as a snap of my fingers. So I am doing what I can to achieve this while also not leaving people upset. It's not really an issue to not say goodbye, my feelings about the people don't change when I don't visit someone or don't send a letter/e-mail etc... but then again, emotions do have to be expressed, how else are people know you will miss them.


But this feels like I will be away forever! I better ignore my own complainin', the amount of stuff to do, pack or organize is just driving me nuts. I better just lift my arse and go see people before I leave. People can't really guess how much I can miss them, not everyone has the gift/curse of telepathy.


DISCLAIMER: If anyone is reading this and I did not bid farewell, it means I just forgot about you for a moment, because I was already thinking about so much more stuff.


As a personal reminder, something worth engraving in my stubborn head, I have to express feelings to the people I love, to the girls I love. I don't mean saying "Je t'aime", "I love you" or "Amo-te" every single day, I mean expressing it more than with just a look once in a while. It's about avoiding being boring/predictible/repetitive and still showing there is care coming out of the pounding chest for them.

I always wanted to write someone a love song. I never decided on anything decent because my lyrics were just too plain and direct, they had no (good) little word tricks, metaphores or insinuations. I will have 2 months to stop thinking about computers, my job and customers... and spend some time with some books, a moleskin, a sketchpad, my MP3 player and my digital camera. I'll see if there is enough freedom to let it flow...

n.-

PS: How often did I tell myself that I am just loving Bat for Lashes and that they'll go with me to Australia?


0 comments: