Nov 7, 2007

Patrolling white and cold

Music

I was angry with myself again. I listened to something I should have paid more attention to when it was released, but just the fact that I am taking it in and enjoying it makes that bad vibe fade away.

Ina Marie played Snow Patrol's (yes, an Irish band) "Eyes Open" album on my home stereo. I recently placed the album in the adequate folder on my NAS, she found and played it.

They're famous for their singles (Spitting Game..) but their true value is in the lyrics. I was sitting in my room and when "Set The Fire To The Third Bar" (feat Martha Wainwright) came on, I had to stop and lay down... All sorts of emotional memories came in, just as if emotional blocks were removed and sadness and happiness poured like water of a broken down dam.

Allmusic's review on this album has some truth in it, something anybody will know as soon as they listen to them: "... the kind of band that embraces simplicity as beautiful and human flaws as art".

Better late then never they say...

n.-

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I *love* that song (and M. Wainright's voice). Don't dare listen to it too often, though ... too many associations, too many emotions ...