Nov 7, 2007

Keep it central I said

NAS
I should start consulting and selling (*) home media storage hardware. I am an evangelist of storing media (music/movies and any kind of doc) centrally at home.
With the amount or people I have at home, I can't just stop smiling at them when I tell them that my WHOLE media library (my personal docs stay personal, no way they can access that) is accessible to them if they bring their laptop. Just plug it to the network, and bang the share'o-rama can start.

MS had the Windows Home Server in the baking for a while, but the truly interesting side is that hardware vendors like HP are releasing hardware bundled with the software. The machine looks reeeeaaallly cool and considering its features, the price does not seem that high. Uk guys, tranquilpc, actually built a fanless device, meaning, a dead quiet one.
15mins (hardware) and 18mins (the features) of one's life to see and listen to some guys talk about it.
How I see it, the ability to backup (during the night) a whole laptop/computer's config to HS will be a life/time/nervous-breakdown/marriage saver.

I love my home network setup which still amazes me by the (so far) unreplacable XBOX1 + XBMC2 = media center.

I am not THAT a geek am I?

n.-

(*) I think I just found a personal job I'd love to do. Need to work on my marketing on that now:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your setup is dead sexy Norb. And, sadly, I can only dream of being as much of a geek as you :P.

norbs said...

I have to admit I am a false geek, I just try not to overdo it, it helps blending in the society:P