Nov 14, 2007

(healthy) time wasting as my doctor said

Images
Wow, this fellow sure applies some effort to his creations. http://www.chris-anthony.com/

Music
I am a member for a short time and still in the slow charming process of Last.Fm. Not tired of sharing online a whole wealth of shit and (shitty) oppinions on stuff (facebook, blog, forums, etc...), this platform allows me to share:
  • my taste, by specifically choosing songs;
  • my listening habits, by letting iTunes, WMP and XBMC put in the "Recently Played" category the songs they play.

Tonight, after handling some burocracy at home while listening to some Kanye West (Flashing Lights is so yum...), 50cent and DJ Danger Mouse, I started the (Last.Fm) console, right-clicked on the first of my Neighbors and choose to play her radio...

Maaaan, I haven't heard Mew in so long, then comes Klaxons, digitalism... wow, this listener is cool.... then some unknown names show up, Tiger Lou (Sweden), Shiny Toy Guns (US), Plain White T's (US)...

This reminds me of the times of my search for music when I knew nobody that liked what I did. Back then I used a prog that would almost randomly propose me some stuff and that was when I listened to Fela Kuti, Louise Attaque and others I can't remember... audio-grabber... -scrobbler... -something... yeah, I think it was something like that...

Oh, juuuust great! By listening to Burning from The Whitest Boy Alive I noticed I just took it mistaken for a Kings of Convenience song for a little while now. As I listen to Radar at work (details posted here) and they don't display what they play, this kind of correction's pretty welcome and let's admit it, I don't like to be mistaken for somebody else either... except if his surname is Pitt and has an amazon as a wife.

And now (still on Last.Fm) this...

... the sound quality is pretty shite but it still is the sound of unavoidable shaking...

Aaaarrgggh... I'm dying because I can't get off the hook... ENOUGH! I'll disconnect, just add some more characters, a couple of CRs and call it a day!

N.-


0 comments: