Oct 17, 2007

stitch the world a little bit tighter

Australia
My big trip to Aussie-land is getting closer and closer, there are still so many (little) things left to do.
  • Having somebody stay at my place (and pay the rent) while I am away would free me from that nasty bill - let the search begin!
  • The last banking and legal details should be setup in order to not become an issue while I'm on the other side of the globe - It's awful to have so many dependencies...
Meanwhile, some other details are clearing up. I recently met through Ozzie, our favorite Munich Tour guide, an aussie from Perth. He's currently crashing at my place until I leave to Lyon. This fellow, although being loaded with cash, prefers to backpack and stay at hostels and actually meet people and get to know the city. He kindly offered to host me in that aussie western city, this way I will not be abusing of Bron's folks' hospitality and will also avoid having us (me and her) from getting on each other's nerves.
As a sidenote, it's really funny to see how people think we and Bron are a couple. We just get along really well, which does not mean we don't get pissed off at each other:) That situation type can be a fuck-blocker, but after clearing up that detail, the individual runways are back to a clear and open state.
Even with available places to stay, Couchsurfing and/or hostels are not out of the scheme, at all!!!
Before reaching Perth, we're staying 9 days in Brunei, which will be a great opportunity to get some tropical fun and organize a CS meeting with the half-dozen members living there!

Music
Radar was playing a decent musical choice this morning (quite usual for Lisbon's best radio station) but I am currently looking for a stream of Smashing Pumpkin's latest Zeitgeist.

Techie
Yoohooh!!!... MacOSX's Leopard is so much secure, or as we could call it "HOWTO: use long-worn keywords to fill out Security Bullshit Bingo". It's an effort anyway, I am not complaining. Let's just say that marketing people use whatever they can put their polished hands on to pack a webpage with juicy details.

Techie II
I can't stop looking at the OLPC XO laptop. There's a fun review (direct link: Geeksugar -> New York Times) from a well known tech reporter. Here's the video:


n.-

0 comments: