Oct 14, 2007

It's too positive to be true... but it is!

I woke up, identified the room and quickly jumped out of bed. I wasn't running away, but looking for my cellphone to check the time. One curse (because the blasted thing turned itself off again) and after a few seconds I notice I am kind of late. Well, not really, it's just that I am waking up 40mins past the target time.

After a quick brushup, a rapid packing of my stuff in my little travel case and there I go (after kissing Mary Jane goodbye) to catch my plane out of Lisbon.
Sitting in the cab, I am allowed to contemplate how happy and fulfilled I felt. The week I just spent in Lisbon was a blast, something to light fire to the love for this city. I can only confirm that it's due to what people brought to it. There is no way to feel how I did without having been with the friends I was with.
I want to thank them all, the whole time deeply marked my heart, I will keep those memories and eventually pick and appreciate single ones out of the collection of good times.

How fabulous can it just be to wake up on a sunny saturday and have a short coffee to then shortly after leaving home, have lunch at a nice restaurant on one of lisbon's hills. While we're sitting in the sun, having those glorious rays heat our faces, the flavours of the meal flourishing in our mouths, the very enjoyable company keeping the mood up and the view over the city with the river constantly attracting and distracting.
Right after that, a coffee with another glorious sight over the city, almost as if there is nothing else to appreciate that day... but there is, we just did not want to take much more, what we had was already so good and enough.
The day continues until the night takes its place, which then goes on until we get back home at the very common 2, 3 or 4 o'clock (I don't remember) in the morning.

Describing the initial part of the week would take ages. It was an all Portugal-dedicated time, made out of the city, food, drinks, friends, the sea and sun. I haven'd had an all-positive week for a long time. How often can I say that? How often can anybody say that? It was almost a vacation week, but not all only free time and fun. Taking care of 12 people does have its challenges:)

My return back home to Munich was spent as I expected, sleeping for 3hrs in the plane (have I mentioned that I HATE flying alone?). Another 3 hours after arriving and sorting my things out at home, there I was (again) on the Wies'n (Oktoberfest) for a last drink at the last day of the festival. I was glad that this event came to an end.

The following day, a new week started, this one would have as an interlude a little trip to Berlin. I do not know what is going on, but in those 2 days and 1 night I was charmed and amazed!
Sidenote: Work went perfectly well (despite only sleeping 2 hours before flying there in the morning) and I met a great girl from work. We immediately clicked and I will keep take care of keeping in touch with her. I reckon this is how friendships or at least good relationships are built.
In a 2-week period, I fell in love with a second city! This was my second time ever and my eyes could not believe what I just missed during the first visit.
The buildings, the colors, people (girls) on the street, well, the whole feeling, the mood made me feel at home. I took great joy during this little time up there (it's "only" 600kms away from Munich) visiting a good friend of mine that I already hosted twice. Could it have been the mild/cold temperature, the autumn-ish colours, the nostalgia of people saying goodbye to the summer?
It hit me so much that I would consider moving up there. Not just for the kicks, but at this moment, and again in my life, I have not much holding me back except for friends.

Again, this year has been my CouchSurfing year during which I met fabulous souls. Susi was the most superb host and she set me the hospitality bar pretty high! I learned that after a long night having (red) wine (and excellent italian food), Grappa is NOT welcome:S
This week will be shorter, I am taking a couple of days off to visit a friend from France I made while hosting. A long time has passed since my last art classes and I am taking my markers with me and practice some more on ourselves.

I am Ice-man, a man who can freeze his heart stone cold and burry it very deep out of reach of anybody. I feel so good lately, people and simple things have contributed to this warming up. At this moment, it's out of the box, thumping and thawing. I am hoping for the winter coldness to just freeze my nosetip and nothing else, I am enjoying myself too much, I have the feeling that some untold promises are looking around the corner (not trying to be optimistic, just keeping on wishing and trying to stay normal).

n.-

PS: again, Zero7 is a great soundtrack to finish the weekend under a dim light.

0 comments: