Oct 22, 2007

sin and enjoy

Music
Jes** Christ, I sinned!
The latest 50Cent single (Ayo Technology) is killing me in the best way possible. The high-tech video adds quality to the tune. I admit (for a log while now), I am less of a snob music appreciator than I act like. I look at my library and I see Timberlake, Gwen, some HipHop... I used to be an Eminem fan and still think Britney's Toxic is just too good.
Another Wow, Kenya's Stronger's video is... aweeee.... just... a beautifully mashed "Akira-Daft Punk-Tron-cyberpunk-manga" video. Let me keep a link to story of its making. The song is pretty good too!

Travel
Another weekend came and went, it rushed by like a warm and fast imaginary southern wind. Lyon was cold, not as cold as Munich, but enough to make us (me and the over-french-sweet Marie) shiver more than once. The City is really gorgeous and again more time (on another trip) is needed to see and live more of the place. Traversed by 2 rivers, there is an "almost-island" (presqu'ile) in the middle. It's a good place to cross by foot. Food is excellent, french people are... french (I just love'em) and the city is bright, old and broad. Being in France, I saw the usual extra amount of cops and security folks everywhere and even got the chance to walk past a demonstration (they cultivate them like flowers).

Breathing from the whole ambiance and inspired by Marie's taste, I decided upon a new hair style... the scruffy hair-up mess. It could also be called... the pseudo-artist look.
For real, I will keep the memories and what I felt during those 3 days for ever. I was cracking and enjoying every damn single moment of it. You got a special place in me Marie!

Looks like CS is saving our ass and Bron has got a place for us in Brunei! We shall not stay long at that guy's place but at least we have a little base to start from.

I am so eager to leave for 2 months. Travel with friends, see a whole new continent and country, meet new people... but then very nervous about leaving my appartment, afraid of forgetting to deal with a little bureaucratic detail, afraid that someone I rent this place to does some stupid shit.
My excellent experiences have effectively been possible because of the people I meet, or better, I am introduced to.
Not being the very outward talking guy I would not just go to someone and chit-chat. I'd rather meet friends of friends. If not through friends then through opportunities like CS meetings or even CS itself. I admit it is a capacity I lack, the one to just talk up to folks, but I have not been able to overcome it, sorry.
I wish, but I don't believe that this great upcoming trip will be much different from any previous one. I already know some folks in Aussie-land, in Perth at least, and will rely on them to expand the mesh of my very fresh and ephemeral network.
Sometimes I ask myself, if I was really in a really lonely situation, would I change my behavior? Rewinding the 2 last years back, I reckon I won friends by establishing connections after having them introduced to me. From Susan, my crazy landlady, to Hazel, to Babsi, Manu, Couchsurfing, Ilka, Bron, Beth...
Coming to think of it, the only person I know from 1st contact is Barth, the groovy french dude I met at the LCD Soundsystem concert.
Oh well, I will survive. If I wouldn't, I would not be here now.

Ina Marie, my current CSer went out to visit a room to rent. A very friendly girl, she's been quite busy for the last 2 nights looking for a place to stay for her 6-month internship!

I'm feeling a very happy bunny (booooooooooooooring I know). I'll keep on remembering last weekend for a while (it's amazing the things a girl can do). The Little Miss Sunshine OST is playing in the stereo and I got back home with my hair cut.
I'll try not to be a night-owl tonight, I'll just check out the anime Whisper of the heart (Mimi Wo Sumaseba) and try to find out why it has such a high quality rating.
Allez hop, posting, closing and putting the blasted computer to sleep.

n.-

0 comments: