Sep 14, 2008

Guitars, guitars and some more guitars...


My 7/8 guitar is only quiet when she waits... until someone picks it up and jams (even if only strumming in a random fashion).

I try to differentiate the time I spend online (which is a LOT) and the one doing practical stuff, like playing the guitar - it's the ever ongoing plan to get a life and learn something that doesn't require the use of a computer.

But then, more and more online resources are made available to help get better at this so called "practical life"... and I just can't resist them all...

Let's see:
  • A free alternative to Guitar Pro - the best music tabs software around - TuxGuitar
  • An online guitar tabs stuffed with lots of cool songs (heck, even Dave Brubeck's Take Five is there) - Songsterr
  • An online alternative to Guitar Hero - it's cooperative, it has lots of songs and it's FREE - JamLegend
  • Guitar tuition videos (Karma Police is brilliant) - Video-Tabs

I got some invitations for JamLegend left, let me know if you want to coop or challenge me! One of the gains from this GuitarHero-alike is the left-hand finger practice - on a guitar, just try to switch from an Amin to an F chord (the latter is a barre) and let me know if it's that easy!

** UPDATE **
Well, I just stumbled on a VERY GOOD tuition site, it's free for those with no money to pay. The author loves contributions though... - www.justinguitar.com


n.-

1 comments:

Daniel Soares said...

You decided to play guitar again?!

Nice Bro! ;)