Dec 20, 2007

the first photos are in...

I made some movies which I did not upload, so I only picked some pictures of my camera. Narcissism and Photography do not mix unless the pictures are taken in front of a mirror. I don't expect to see myself very often.

Here's the album:

I was warned and I have to now report that it's true, women here in Perth are just fabulous. Amazingly good-looking and surely veeery self-couscious about it too.

I slowly understand what a german couple told me while we were in Brunei. For their 1-year trip around the world, they chose to skip Aus because this is NOT a cheap place. And it's VERY TRUE!
Nevertheless, Perth is a good looking place. There is an economic Boom which seems to be accelerated by the mining industry, so many young folks show up with some serious cash in their hands. Housing is more expensive than London I heard (I'd doubt that though). The christmas shopping fever is FULL ON which is noticeable by the people swarming the streets. There are no christmas presents for anyone, I am a believer that the real (and almost only) good thing about this festive time is the family gathering. Back then, when I still was a child, I had the chance to experience and enjoy them. This is no more the case. This is now a time of 2 opposites, the really lonely people and the ones surrounded by a big part of their family. Here, I will be an adopted child for one night.

It's not hot around here, not at all. I will just call it "warm", but do not get me wrong, I'd prefer if the temperature would not rise above the felt 27oC during the day. The nights could be warmer though, it's impossible to not freeze without a jacket out there. I still have the same number in my mind, 38oC for Christmas day, let's see how reliable these weather forecasts are.

I'll meet the traveller tomorrow, I missed her today as my cell phone's battery died:( That was a bad thing to happen. On the other hand, I now have an aussie number, which means I am reachable. Just ask for it but avoid calling me between midnight and 9AM (GMT+8+DTS).


Cheers,

n.-

1 comments:

Paulo Carrasco said...

Feliz natal pá :) onde quer que estejas e... pá... atira-te a elas ;) se são assim tão apresentáveis... n fiques com pena :P

Abraço do Carrasco!