Mar 29, 2009


The whole Mac vs PC is a discussion I experience almost every day. Ever since I started working as the internal IT in a consulting firm (with some really fantastic people), the discussions are usually about usability.

It's like a tennis game, every feature played like a ball being hit back and forth between the PC and the Mac guy. So when Quicksilver was mentioned, my reply was Launchy. Although not as powerful, it still remains a decent tool to run applications (I'll be trying another one called Skylight). When I want to open Word, I just hit the shortcut combination, the box opens and I start typing W, O, R... and hit enter when the app I was looking for shows up. The same goes for Microsoft Expression Design: D, E, S, I... and there it goes.

The app is Open Source and I have to contribute to the project considering that I don't even let their ADs show up thanks to Add-Art and NoScript in Firefox and they know it, judging by the message in the AD placeholder...


I am happy that the keyboard is being given a chance to make work/life with a computer a liiiittle bit less annoying.

n.-

0 comments: